Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Thankful for "Ezekiel" Pastors Out There

Ezekiel 33:7-9 (NIV) "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 8 When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 9 But if you do warn the wicked man to turn from his ways and he does not do so, he will die for his sin, but you will have saved yourself.


I am thankful for those "Ezekiels" who still speak out to dissuade people from wicked ways. Some people hear the preacher/teacher/prophet warnings, turn from their wicked ways, follow Jesus and are saved, some do not.  But prophets who speak out in truth against sin have always been persecuted, silenced, even killed by those who don't want to hear the truth. In spite of the suffering, the choice is clear: speak out and suffer for obeying God or don't speak out and have the blood guilt of those who needed to hear and didn't because they did not speak out as God instructed. Jesus warns us in Matthew 10:28 (NASB) "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. That makes the choice a little easier, though not very comfortable.  They give up their life in order that people may be saved.

I'm thankful for the faithful who speak up for the Truth even though they are being persecuted and going through trials. Many of them count it a privilege to be considered worthy of suffering with Jesus for their faith.  I pray that God would give me the strength and wisdom to follow and obey Him when He calls me to warn, rebuke or encourage people with His Truth.



No comments:

Post a Comment