- some less fortunate kids in the Greenville, SC area blessed my wife and my two high school kids as they spent some time with them at M-Fuge,
- an inmate's testimony about God encouraged one of my middle school daughters to do more to help people while on her mission trip to Gulf Coast,
- some Peruvian kids helped my teenage son see a bigger picture and practice his Spanish as he and 9 other teens trekked through the mountains and towns of Peru with Good News,
- some young leaders inspired my pre-teen daughters and me to greater faith at a Centri-Kid camp close to home,
- some instructors encouraged my wife at the She Speaks speakers' conference
- an aunt with cancer ministered to us (as we had intended to do for her)while we were on our vacation.
It seems to always work that way: you do some ministry, invest some time or money, or go on some mission trip intending to help someone else and God humbles you by giving you so much more than you could offer.
“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." - Jesus from Luke 6:38