Thursday, April 23, 2020

Parents, How Do You Like my New Hair Don't? Words from COVID 19 quarantine

Parents, how do you like my new Hair Don’t? Nothin’ like a bad haircut to humble me of my vanity and narcissism. I used to cut my own hair all the time. Pull out the Wahl clippers, a mirror and some scissors and I’m ready. It gets a little tricky trying to cut a straight line on the back of my neck. One time I let one of the kids help me… it only took a couple of weeks of wearing a hat to recover. Anita rejoices when I actually go to a professional. There is quite a noticeable difference. I love my haircutters and they are all worth more than I pay for the cut, but I’m kind of a cheapskate and I think about how much I could be saving by cutting it myself. I don’t think my son had a haircut from anyone but me until college… sorry son… hope there aren’t too many emotional scars, although in my own humble opinion it looked just fine. I have also been known to color Anita's hair. I know this is shocking, most of you think it’s all natural. I have heard it said that some people get their blonde from their mother’s side, and some from their father’s side, but most get it from the peroxide. She says I take a little too much pleasure pulling her hair through the little holes in the color cap… it is kinda fun… if you’re bored. She has some really great beauticians and she’s missing them a lot. Since the quarantine started I have pulled out the clippers a couple of times for myself and others in our quarateam… don’t worry It’ll grow back. Those of you who are follically challenged are to be envied. You just marble your head with a razor and you are ready to go. As you guys remind me, they don’t put marble countertops in cheap kitchens. My home state of Tennessee will be one of the first states to open hair salons on Monday… I understand that everyone within a day’s drive is filling up with cheap gas, making happy face masks, and donning gloves to race to the Volunteer State for this hair marathon event.
I wish this Coronavirus was like a bad haircut, I wish we could outgrow it quickly… we are already at least two bad haircuts into this thing. They say for a teenager in puppy love, the pain of breakup only lasts as long as a bad haircut. Some of the heartbreaks we are experiencing though, will be remembered for a while… I hurt for those who have lost loved ones, lost their health, lost their job, lost their retirement, lost a graduation, lost a wedding date, lost a final sports season, lost a final school musical/play… the list goes on. Hang in there... there will come a day that we can rejoice like David in Psalm 30:1-5 “I will exalt you, LORD, because you have lifted me up and have not allowed my enemies to triumph over me. LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and you healed me. LORD, you brought me up from Sheol; you spared me from among those going down to the Pit. Sing to the LORD, you his faithful ones, and praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor, a lifetime. Weeping may stay overnight, but there is joy in the morning.(CSBBible)
Hang in there people! God is with us! I’m praying for you all!